Monday 1 October 2018

Superheroes In Crisis #1

-
This is one of those rare occasions when I only have a Spotlight Pick for you.  I could have waited until I had a main piece ready, but I wanted to post this pick while the issue is still on store shelves.

Spotlight Pick:


Photo Courtesy of Amazon's Affiliate Program.
The first issue of Superheroes In Crisis hit stores on September 26th.  I'd seen the ads for this four part mini-series for months.  Seeing the word "Crisis," I figured we were in for another Earth shattering epic that would "change the DC Universe forever."  I was wrong.

This is a murder mystery which revolves around a treatment center for superheroes with PTSD.  While the Trinity (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) are the primary heroes of the story, the unlikely duo of Booster Gold and an atypically sadistic version of Harley Quinn seem to be near the heart of the mystery somehow.

For $3.99, this first issue isn't action-centric, but lays the groundwork for the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super Hero Prequels

- In 1999, George Lucas gave fans the first chapter of Darth Vader's origin story.   While Phantom Menace was, unquestionably, the wors...